This course is excellent for ethical hackers and penetration testing professionals as most penetration testing courses skip cryptanalysis completely. Many penetration testing professionals testing usually don't attempt to crack cryptography. A basic knowledge of cryptanalysis is very beneficial to any penetration testing.
What is included in the offer?
- Instructor led training modules
- Official e-courseware (self-study materials) from EC-Council
- Official practical tools from EC-Council
- Official Training Completion Certificate from EC-Council
- Official transcript from EC-Council
- International exam voucher
- Remote proctoring exam (you can write the exam at the comfort of your home or office anywhere in the world)
The EC-Council Certified Encryption Specialist (ECES) program introduces professionals and students to the field of cryptography. The participants will learn the foundations of modern symmetric and key cryptography including the details of algorithms such as Feistel Networks, DES, and AES. Other topics introduced:
- Overview of other algorithms such as Blowfish, Twofish, and Skipjack
- Hashing algorithms including MD5, MD6, SHA, Gost, RIPMD 256 and others.
- Asymmetric cryptography including thorough descriptions of RSA, Elgamal, Elliptic Curve, and DSA.
- Significant concepts such as diffusion, confusion, and Kerkchoff's principle.
Participants will also be provided a practical application of the following:
- How to set up a VPN
- Encrypt a drive
- Hands-on experience with steganography
- Hands on experience in cryptographic algorithms ranging from classic ciphers like Caesar cipher to modern day algorithms such as AES and RSA.
Who Should Attend
Anyone involved in the selection and implementation of VPN's or digital certificates should attend this course. Without understanding the cryptography at some depth, people are limited to following marketing hype. Understanding the actual cryptography allows you to know which one to select. A person successfully completing this course will be able to select the encryption standard that is most beneficial to their organization and understand how to effectively deploy that technology.
What you will learn
- Types of Encryption Standards and their differences
- How to select the best standard for your organization
- How to enhance your pen-testing knowledge in encryption
- Correct and incorrect deployment of encryption technologies
- Common mistakes made in implementing encryption technologies
- Best practices when implementing encryption technologies
Number of Questions:50
Passing Score: 70%
Test Duration: 2 Hours
Test Format: Multiple Choice
Test Delivery:EC-Council Exam Center (ECC EXAM)
ECES Course Outline
- Introduction and History of Cryptography
- Symmetric Cryptography & Hashes
- Number Theory and Asymmetric Cryptography
- Applications of Cryptography